So, it's snowing again. A lot. And, Rusty is not here. He is stuck at work and won't be home until hopefully Sunday. So, any shoveling that's to be done, has to be done by me, and my bum ankle. My fantastic neighbor used the snow blower on the drive twice yesterday, but I think today the task just overwhelmed him. He dug a doggy path for me though, so thanks, Aaron!
Well, it looks like I have two choices here. To complain about the wet clothes and boots, lost mittens, tiny snow balls on my shih tzu, the never ending parade of kids in and out, and in and out. I could do that. OR, I could embrace it. And love it. So here goes.
Reasons why I love snow:
- It is extraordinarily beautiful, even when it it coming down in buckets and has been for over 24 hours.
- It is so quiet. Rain is loud. Wind is loud. But snow is utterly silent. The world seems silent now, save for the occasional (and I do mean occasional) sweep of the snowplow, or someone's snow blower.
- Everything stops. Responsibility (except for the nagging sense that I need to GET OUT THERE AND SHOVEL MY DRIVEWAY) ceases to matter. We eat popcorn and drink hot chocolate. We eat cereal for dinner if we want to. (Well, who am I kidding? We do that even when it doesn't snow!) We watch lots and lots of Sponge Bob, Phineas and Ferb and Harry Potter. We play video games all day long.
- It's okay that the house is a mess. How can it stay clean with my children, plus my neighbor's children tromping through it in wet snow boots every half hour?
- I can make chili in the crock pot and smell it cooking all day. Yum.
I think that's all for now. Maybe I'll think of a few more. But I'm determined to be cheerful and happy, because after all, your attitude is what most affects your circumstances. :) Right?