Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's the little things

There are a lot of things that irritate me. Really, there are. Annoying customers, whiny employees, my husband's refusal to notice that the recycling is overflowing, we have no milk in the fridge, and the kids have no underwear, the fact that I can't find any pants that don't make me look gigantic, and I could go on and on.

But, I'm not. I'm going to take a moment to list some good things, be they large or small, that help me get through my days and keep me smiling. Here goes.
  1. My kids are absolutely hilarious. Ally particularly, makes me laugh like a crazed hyena (or hy-ote, as she calls them. Cross between hyena and coyote, I guess.) But, last night at dinner, Jeremiah was singing a song he heard yesterday by Weird Al called "White and Nerdy". But he was singing it "White and Dirty", and decided to bust out some dance moves to go along with it. I laughed so hard I actually thought I was going to spit out my wine. But I didn't, cause I don't want to waste it. Classic.
  2. Rock of Love Charm School on VH1. I literally can't get enough of this trashy goodness.
  3. Diet Dr. Pepper. Love it.
  4. Reading. I love to read, be it books, magazines, the back of the cereal box, whatever. I don't understand people who don't love it. It baffles me.
  5. Tivo. Or, I guess now I have to say Dish Network DVR, because I got into an argument with DirecTV and now have Dish. I don't like to watch tv any other way.
  6. Chips and dip. Perhaps the best combination on the planet.
  7. Virginia Tech football. Even though I had the honor (?) of watching our third string quarterback on Saturday, I love every minute of it, even when they suck. Football season is the best time of the year. January to August is just filler. Every time the season rolls around again, I get excited just like its the first one. When I hear "Enter Sandman" start to play, my heart sings.
  8. My bed. Perhaps the most comfortable spot on the planet. The only time I can stand to be still.
  9. Comfy pants after work.
  10. Pedicures.

I could probably go on and on. My life is actually pretty good. Who knew?

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Your kids are the absolute BEST!!! Chips and dip aren't bad, either. Hang in there, my daughter!