Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Thought I'd Jump Into the Pool Hip Deep

Okay, here goes. 1,2,3, jump! Yep, it's my first blog entry. For ages, I have been reading other folks blogs and thinking "I could totally do that", and then deciding I'd rather watch tv or take a nap. But, alas, the muse calls, and I must answer her siren song. I am a blogger.

So, I took my kids to see the Jonas Brothers on Monday night. For those of you who ask, who are the Jonas Brothers, quite clearly, you don't watch the Disney Channel or have preteen girls. Here they are in all their Jonas-y glory:








And here's how my daughter looked while watching them perform:




Simply put, it was great. Hours and hours of girls screeching at top volume and texting things like "Marry Me Nick", or "We love you Joe", to the big screens. But, Riley thought it was the best time ever. She kept saying, "Mom, I can't believe I'm really seeing them!" so my heart swelled almost to bursting and my cool mom status rose and rose and rose.

Jeremiah, however, hated the screeching girls, and much preferred dancing to the piped in music in between the Demi Lovato and the Jo's. Check it out:


All in all, a good time was had by everyone (even Rusty, who said he'd rather go to the dentist and have a tooth pulled than see the Jo Bros!). I am offically the world's coolest mom.

2 comments:

Tobye said...

Okay, my first post was a bit iffy. I had a tough time with the photos, then I couldn't move them. Must find out how to do this.

Kristen said...

Hey, Tobye! Glad to see you've joined us bloggers. lol

How did you upload your photos? Depending on how you did it, I might be able to help you. :p