Friday, December 12, 2008

Up, down, up, down.

That was my day yesterday. Kind of like a fat kid and a skinny kid on a see-saw, and I kept switching being the kids. My day started out as me being the chubby kid. Thunk. I went out to start my car, and it wouldn't start. (Now, I'll make a confession here, just cause we're friends and all. I had known for a day or two that I was having kind of a battery issue, because each time I would start my car, the lights would brighten, then dim, then brighten again. But, I've been extraordinarily busy lately, and filed it away under the category "Things to Worry About When I Have an Extra Second". That category rarely gets touched.) So, I got my husband out of bed and we jump started the car. I left with the explicit promise of driving straight to the battery store to get it checked. But, I couldn't do that because I had a coffee date with my two new best friends, Debbie and Angie. They are actually two of my oldest friends and we have recently reconnected on that joyfully voyeuristic application known as "People You May Know" on Facebook. Whee! Now I'm the skinny see-saw kid, flying in the air. The morning was FABULOUS, and I had such a great time hanging out with these two beautiful, fun ladies. But, on the horizon lurked a problem. The headache which I had woken up with and accounted to lack of sleep and caffeine, began to threaten to cross over into migraine territory. Thunk. It did, right in the middle of having my nails done, before I could get to the battery store. So, I had to drive to Battery Mart with a sick, sick, sick (and I mean that in the negative, not the positive) headache, to get my new battery. (Side note here: Battery Mart totally rocks. I was in and out of there in 15 minutes with a new battery.) I got home and (Praise Jesus) had one more Maxalt tablet (another side note, thank you Mom, I promise I'll get myself to the doctor and get my own, really, I will). So, I laid down and closed my eyes for two hours and wished the world would stop spinning, but when I opened my eyes, the headache was gone. Whee! But, thunk, too. It left behind that really drugged out feeling where your head and your body don't feel attached, and your head feels stuffed with cotton batting. So I stayed on my bed for another couple of hours, feeling like you used to in elementary school when you needed to throw up, but you didn't want to because then the janitor would come in and sprinkle that sawdusty stuff on it and you just sat completely still at your desk because if you didn't move, not even an eyelash, maybe you wouldn't throw up. (Just me? Oh, okay.) But, on another side note, I did watch two episodes of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" , which strangely enough, made me sob uncontrollably. I'm a sucker for that Jeff Conaway. Today, I think I am on the mend. At least I hope so.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Please go to the doc and keep a check on your car. Glad you had fun with Debbie and Angie.