Thursday, November 20, 2008

Repeat after me...

I will not get sick before Thanksgiving, I will not get sick before Thanksgiving, I WILL NOT get sick before Thanksgiving. Come on people, say it with me!

Bleecch! I woke up this morning with a decidedly unfriendly sinus headache, which apparently has decided it wants to hang around and generally make my day unpleasant. And I'm very much looking forward to this day. Riley and Jeremiah are having a Thanksgiving luncheon at their school, and Pots and Mimi are coming to feast with us. Of course, Jeremiah will be feasting on peanut butter and jelly, because he'd rather starve than eat anything remotely resembling Thanksgiving fare. Each class had to donate items to the luncheon, and he had to bring in green beans. He was terrified that he was supposed to eat them! He didn't even want me to put them in his backpack.

Then, for my afternoon enjoyment, I have 3 hours of cheerleading practice and the first Varsity boys basketball game at 7:30. Non-headache me would be just fine with this. Headache me is a bit more apprehensive. Loud gym, teenage girls and all their angst, buzzers, squeaking tennis shoes, fans shouting "whoo", all things that my head will not appreciate. Wonder if the game could be played (just for me) in total silence. Yeah, probably not.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Great Thanksgiving feast! Such fun being with Pie and Smooch--love those 2.